Wednesday 15 August 2012

Meet the DT: Jacqueline & Mynnette

Well, we hope that you've enjoyed learning about our DT girls!  We are so glad to have each and every one of them with us!  This week, we (Jacqueline & Mynnette) would like to let you know a little bit about us!  Here we go...

DT Member - Jacqueline

I live on the Herefordshire/ Worcestershire border in the shadow of the great Malvern Hills but I was born in and grew up in Bridgnorth, Shropshire - I place I visit very regularly.
I married the love of my life, Clive, 21 years ago and we have two lovely grown up children who are now 20 and 19. Oh and we have kitty - my lovely Louis who loves to help out in the craft room!
I have been crafting all my life and I am also a trained Botanical Illustrator, my passion however lies with stamping and inking and colouring.
 I am extremely lucky that my husband is so supportive of my crafting hobby - so supportive that he even helped me set up a small stamp making business. I also use our home as a base for my workshops and he is the best bag carrying, tea and coffee maker ever!
My life took a turn for the better when I discovered blogging - it opened up a world of like-minded people who have become friends - good friends even though I have never met them face to face.
I started the Make My Monday Challenge blog closely followed by the 52CCT which was a joint venture with Mynnette and I am now a proud DT Addict on Addicted to Stamps.
there are never enough hours in the day for all I want to achieve - I think I may have to give up sleeping!




 As you all know, my name is Mynnette!  My last name is Kitchen.  Everyone asks how to spell it, and I want to LOL when they do...and when I respond with, "You spell it like the room in your house," every now and then I get a really confused looking person standing in front of me.  I know I shouldn't think that's funny, but I really do!!!

I've been crafting for as long as I've been alive, but seriously stamping and paper crafting for about 7 years.  I LOVE learning new techniques and that is why I started Technique Tuesday!  Anything new is fabulous, except special folds.  They scare me.  But I'm working on it!  I LOVE all sorts of crafting supplies, but Stampin' Up! is one of my absolute favorites.  I don't really have a "style" per se, but I LOVE learning all sorts of new styles!  I especially love CAS style for it's dynamic simplicity, but I adore the pile it on shabby chic style as well and am trying to get better at it.

I've been married to my DH for almost 8 years and have an adorable fur baby named Hundie!  She is the best puppy anyone could ask for (even though she's 3 and technically too old to be called a puppy).  We've never had furniture chewed up, etc.  Her worst fault when she was younger and first with us was getting into the trash.  She no longer does this and we are just head over heels in love with our sweet little girl!  We live in Derby, KS, a medium sized city just 10 minutes from Wichita.

In addition to crafting, I love to read, cook/bake, cross stitch (even though this hasn't happened in a while), make digital prints & digi stamps, and sing.  I come from a very musical family and have been blessed with a gift and love for music! :)  It's another favorite pastime that I enjoy immensely! :)

There you have it!  You know everything there is to know about all of us here at 52CCT!  We enjoy being able to see your creations each week and are so thankful for your participation!  Merry stamping, friends! :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing a little more about yourselves. I'm just a little jealous about all your talents, though. I love all your creations as they are very inspirational. I WISH I could sing. If I ever found a magic lantern, that would be one of my wishes LOL. What a gift it would be to touch people with your voice.. Thanks ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh girls - what a treasure trove of information you've given us. We already know what talented ladies you both are but a botanical illustrator and a singer - please..........how many more strings can you have to your respective bows!!! lol Jacqueline we need to see some of your botanical illustrations on your blog and I reckon Mynette could upload a video of her singing to YouTube!

    Hugs.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mynette, thank you for you kind comment on my tsot card. Appreciate you! Hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mynnette, last name of my fiancé is Salad so Iget also an funny name :D cant wait ;)
    thanks for sharing a bit of youre life ladys. youre craft is awesome also. I am looking forward to see more 8)

    ReplyDelete